- 1 What can cause a P0116 code?
- 2 What is a P1116 code?
- 3 What is a po116 code?
- 4 What does the code P0113 mean?
- 5 What is P0117 code?
- 6 What does P2181 code mean?
- 7 What does the code po128 mean?
- 8 What is code p1121?
- 9 What is the engine coolant temperature sensor?
- 10 What is P0115 engine code?
- 11 How do I fix code P0118?
- 12 How do I fix code P0112?
What can cause a P0116 code?
What are the Possible Causes of the P0116 Code?
- Malfunctioning Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor.
- Faulty or corroded ECT wiring or connections.
- Engine overheating.
- Engine temperature below specification.
- An issue with the PCM, such as software in need of an update.
What is a P1116 code?
P1116 is a OBD-II manufacturer-specific code for a voltage issue with the engine coolant sensor in that the signal being sent to the engine computer is not within the range set by the manufacturer.
What is a po116 code?
P0116 is the OBD-II generic code that indicates the engine control module (ECM) ECT monitor has read that the ECT sensor range or the sensor performance is not as the ECM expected when starting from a cold start and warm shut down, to the next cold start.
What does the code P0113 mean?
If your PCM is returning a P0113 error code, it means that your Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor is reading at too high of a voltage. This sensor works as a basic resistor. The PCM sends it a continuous current of five volts, and monitors how much voltage it gets back.
What is P0117 code?
P0117 is the OBD-II generic code that indicates the engine control module (ECM) has seen the ECT sensor output go less than 0.14 Volts or more than 140°C (284°F).
What does P2181 code mean?
OBD-II Code P2181 is defined as a Cooling System Performance. The engine computer (PCM) monitors coolant temperature in the radiator (Radiator Coolant Temperature Sensor) and in the engine (Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor).
What does the code po128 mean?
The P0128 code means that the engine coolant is not getting warm enough, fast enough. In other words, there is a problem with the engine operating temperature not being reached within a certain amount of time. The Engine Control Module (ECM) determines this length of time based on ambient temperature.
What is code p1121?
Anything that has to do with emissions illuminates the “check engine” light; if something goes wrong with this valve, the “check engine” light comes on.
What is the engine coolant temperature sensor?
A coolant temperature sensor (CTS) (also known as an ECT sensor or ECTS (engine coolant temperature sensor) is used to measure the temperature of the coolant/antifreeze mix in the cooling system, giving an indication of how much heat the engine is giving off.
What is P0115 engine code?
P0115 is the OBD-II generic code that indicates when the engine control module (ECM) reads the ECT sensor input go below or above the sensors expected range of 0.14 to 4.91 V (-40°C to 140°C -40°F to 284°F).
How do I fix code P0118?
What repairs can fix the P0118 code?
- Repairing or replacing the ECT connector.
- Repairing or replacing the wiring open circuit as necessary.
- Replacing the ECT with a new sensor.
How do I fix code P0112?
What repairs can fix the P0112 code?
- Repairing or replacing the IAT connector.
- Repairing or replacing the wiring as necessary.
- Replacing the IAT with a new sensor.